Residential Property Management
When you give our company your property to manage, here's what we do:
• Accurate Market Analysis: When you're ready to turn over your property to us for management, we immediately get to work determining the most you can get for your property. We have access to the Multiple Listing Service which provides us with sufficient details to determine what your property is worth. Of course, you have the final say as to the rental amount.
• Advertise Your Property: We market your home through several channels, the first is the Multiple Listing Service, which is accessible to all Lowcountry REALTORS®. In addition, as you can see, we place your available property right here on dougshorter.com! Our site averages more than 14,000 hits per month and is visible worldwide. In addition, we send information on all properties weekly to members of our fax network. This group includes local real estate companies, colleges and universities, base housing offices and individuals who have requested to be on this list.
• Inspections: Your home is thoroughly inspected before, during and after each occupancy. If we're going to manage your home as if it were our own, we have to physically see it on a periodic basis. During a pre-inspection of your property, we make an inventory of possessions that could be removed or damaged by a tenant. With appliances, we even include model and serial numbers for your file. At this stage, we will list items that we recommend you repair or update to make your property more showable.
Once we place a tenant in your home, we'll periodically visit the home for announced and unannounced routine inspections. This way, we can determine if the occupants are taking care of your property or if there are problems that need to be addressed. You'll receive reports of our visits and can then contact us if you want any repairs or upgrades accomplished.
In the event of a local disaster (hurricane, tornado, flood, etc.), our staff is equipped to inspect your home once weather conditions are safe. We have digital equipment that can instantly send pictures to you or your insurance company to expedite any insurance claims that may be necessary for your property.
• Maintenance & Repairs: If and when it becomes necessary to accomplish repairs at your property, we can accomplish the repair(s) for you or if you have a company that you prefer, we'll be happy to make arrangements with that company. If not, we have several local companies that we have entrusted with our business for years that provide quality work at reasonable prices. We only use licensed and insured repairmen. We follow up on each repair to ensure quality workmanship and determine if the tenant is responsible for the repair.
• Timely Rental Disbursements: We pride ourselves in our quick turnaround time in disbursing to you. All reports are computerized, making it simple to understand where your funds are going. If there's any expenditures made on your behalf, it will be reported on your disbursements. Of course, if there's ever any questions you may have, we're only a phone call away!
Please call us today to introduce you to our way of managing properties in the Lowcountry. With more than 30 years of experience, isn't it time to use a company with results?